Seguici sui Social Network e rimani aggiornato!

RSS
12 ultimaultima
Post 1 - 10 di 17
    Credits
    Thanks ricevuti: 0

Exclamation ENGLISH GUIDE TO ROOT the GERMAN Samsung Galaxy i7500

ENGLISH GUIDE TO ROOT THE GERMAN GALAXY (English an Italian we hope soon)

all the file you need are at the end of the post! (the archive password id: hdblog.it)

Please link this FORUM and android.HDblog.it !

Thanks a lot to hdblog.it, successfully received my prize for the Samsung Galaxy's root contest !

DEPRECIATED !!!! See : http://forum.hdblog.it/f80/how-root-samsung-galaxy-linux-windows-all-version-3926/

UPDATE:

- 30/07/09 : recovery image added

Screen :

This is the first hack of the Samsung Galaxy. This is a first step, which provides, via the "su", or with adb, root access to the terminal.

The method used is the modification of the boot image, and injecting it through the tool of Samsung "New PC Studio".

When root whith adb, I used the method of Dream and the Magic to have a root shell (creating a root shell from sh shell, and adding the setuid bit).

WARNING: THIS METHOD CAN BE DANGEROUSE. DO NOTHING IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU DO.
    I OR HDBLOG CAN'T BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU TRANSFORM YOUR GALAXY LIKE A BRICK.

BACKUP

Before flash your galaxy, it is strongly recommended to backup it with nandroid :

1) flash your recovery partition with the recovery image (check at the end of this post)
    2) boot in recovery mode
    3) execute nandroid

A) If you don't have modified update already for your country and operator (see the list of available updates at the end of post), it will need to create a modifier update file by your own.

1) Get the modified boot image for your update at the bottom of post. Copy it on a linux machine (virtual or not).

2) Install the software "Samsung PC Studio New" and run it (see end of post for links)

3) Connect your phone. Your system install the drivers, and "New PC Studio" recognizes the Galaxy

4.a) If your phone is not up to date : the software will notify you. Run the updater.
    4.b) If your phone is already updated, then "NEw PC Studio" does not force the update. Fortunately, it is still possible to manually run "NPSMitsBinaryUpgrade.exe" which is in the installation directory of New PC Studio (C: \ Program Files \ Samsung \ Samsung PC Studio New \) to force the update

5) The application launches and downloads the latest update, decrypts, and decompresses. Then the application tells you that all is well and that the update actually can begin, do not click on "next"!

6) The update file is located into the directory "C: \ Documents and Settings \ YOUR_USERNAME \ Application Data \ Samsung \ New PC Studio \ LinuxMitsBU \ 6 \ GT-i7500I7500BOGIG8I7500XXIG8I7500XXIG8_500 \". Copy the tar file on a machine (physical or virtual) under linux.

7) Open the file update under linux. Several files are present. Replace the file named "kernel" by the modified boot image in the pack.

8) Check the rights of the kernel file in the archive (rw-r-r root:root)

9) Transfer the update file under windows

9) Copy the new modifier update file to replace the old, in "C: \ Documents and Settings \ YOUR_USERNAME \ Application Data \ Samsung \ New PC Studio \ LinuxMitsBU \ 6 \ GT-i7500I7500BOGIG8I7500XXIG8I7500XXIG8_500 \

10) You can then continue the update process, the Galaxy will be flashed with the modified update file

If you have a modified update file for your country and operator (see the list of available updates at the end of post):

1) Install the software "Samsung PC Studio New" and run it (see end of post for links)

2) Connect your phone. Your system install the drivers, and "New PC Studio" recognizes the Galaxy

3.a) If your phone is not up to date : the software will notify you. Run the updater.
    3.b) If your phone is already updated, then "NEw PC Studio" does not force the update. Fortunately, it is still possible to manually run "NPSMitsBinaryUpgrade.exe" which is in the installation directory of New PC Studio (C: \ Program Files \ Samsung \ Samsung PC Studio New \) to force the update

4) The application launches and downloads the latest update, decrypts, and decompresses. Then the application tells you that all is well and that the update actually can begin, do not click on "next"!

5) Copy the new modifier update file to replace the old, in "C: \ Documents and Settings \ YOUR_USERNAME \ Application Data \ Samsung \ New PC Studio \ LinuxMitsBU \ 6 \ GT-i7500I7500BOGIG8I7500XXIG8I7500XXIG8_500 \

6) You can then continue the update process, the Galaxy will be flashed with the modified update file

After the reboot of the Galaxy, if you run adb, you are root!

The official version of adb does not work properly with the Samsung Galaxy, see the links below to download a modified version for linux.

Now you probably want to be able to be root directly on the Galaxy, not only with adb. The first step used here is the method already used for the Dream and the Magic to have a super-user terminal:

Connect to the Galaxy with adb. You are root. Execute the following commands:

1) mount-o remount, rw-t yaffs2 / dev/block/mtdblock3 / system
    2) cd system/bin
    3) cat sh > su
    4) chmod 4755 su
    5) reboot

On the Market, install the application nammed "ConnectBot. Launch it, you can connect locally. You are somply user. Typing "su", you are root. Enjoy

Images de boot modifies / Modified boot file :

Mise jour/Update I7500XXIG8 : check pack at the end of the post

Fichier de mise jour modifi / Modified update file :

Mise jour / Update I7500XXIG8 - FRANCE - BOUYGUES TELECOM : check in pack at the end of the post

Liens / Links :

Samsung PC Studio : http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co..._1.2.0.IF4.exe
    ADB Modifi/Modifier ADB : http://floe.butterbrot.org/external/adb.gz
    File allegati
    Ultima modifica di drakaz; 02-10-2009 a 13:21

Credits

predefinito

Hmm, the kernel file in the .tar-archive has the user/group set as drakaz and not root
    will it work anyway?
    Ultima modifica di phete; 30-07-2009 a 13:13

Credits

predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviata da phete Visualizza il messaggio
    Hmm, the kernel file in the .tar-archive has the user/group set as drakaz and not root
    will it work anyway?
    Sorry for this bug, the fix is uploading, please wait ;)

Credits

predefinito

so... with this root - is it possible to pull a full firmware backup or whatnot via Nandroid?
    and what would we need for fastboot to work?

Credits

predefinito

Quote Originariamente inviata da dash Visualizza il messaggio
    so... with this root - is it possible to pull a full firmware backup or whatnot via Nandroid?

Before now, not, because there isn't recovery image compatible with the galaxy. I've created just now

Quote Originariamente inviata da dash Visualizza il messaggio
    and what would we need for fastboot to work?
    Sorry, in fact and after a lot of test, fastboot work like a charm for flash the Galaxy (but i'm unable to boot with..)

Credits

predefinito

Can you tell us more about it (i mean flash) ... Well, you know where u can fine me ;)

Credits

predefinito

Downloaded. Thank you very much for this.

Regards,
    Raine
    Pret travaux

Junior Member L'avatar di westhero
    ubicazione
    Credits

predefinito вопрос в в тем

Норма..

Junior Member L'avatar di Josef_Kalmanovic
    ubicazione
    Palestine
    Credits

predefinito My biggest regret is that I hadn't met those guys earlier...

My biggest regret is that I hadn't met those guys before. I like their trading style. No matter attached and they ensure that my principal is defended with proper risk management. Those are the qualities of a good trader. Smartforexsignal you guys are awesome. I highly recommend trading signals service to serious traders.

Credits

predefinito

Thanks for this.

iphone cases [url=http://www.naseya.com/games/fishing/][color=#D8D8D8]fishing gamescar games chicken recipes carnival cruise