Nice job man. Tested and Approved its save my phone
All the file you need are at the end of the post! (the archive password is : android.hdblog.it)
Please link this FORUM and android.HDblog.it !
Based on Cyanogen recovery (Many thanks to him and his work !)
GUIDA AL ROOT
Current version : V.4.4 !!
NEW WAY TO RESTORE GAPPS ! NO NEED TO FLASH WITH ODIN, NO NEED TO BACKUP THE GAPPS, JUST NEED TO HAVE THE ODIN UPDATE ON SDCARD (RENAMMED AS II5.tar)
- add theme support (no longuer needed to use fix perm, and now themes are separate from roms update, in "themes" dir on sdcard)
- Little bugfix
- Add hgl lib restoration from HTC binary (get android 1.5 system image from here : http://developer.htc.com/google-io-device.html, and push it on sdcard, renammed as HTC.zip, then use the option in recovery to restore the library)
- Mount /sdcard in rw by default
- Fixed bug about error message on Gapps restore (always true)
- New way to restore Gapps. No need to backup, no need to flash with odin, only need to have the odin update on sdcard
- 15/10/09 : updated version in the recovery
- Add some apps/libs to Backup/Restore Google Apps
- Add ext4 convertion support
- Add Backup/Restore Google Apps
- Another improvments to existing functions
V0.3 Light :
- Only for user who have length problem to flash
- New way to wipe /data and don't wipe /userdata to avoid update problem
- Add sync at the end of update
- Restore boot.img on nandroid restore
- Mini-recovery which provide full adb root
- Full recovery when the archive rectools.tar.gz is present on sdcard
- New way to store the tools (rectool.tar.gz). Necessary to have it on sdcard to have full options
- Fsck working on /data
- Add enable/disable root (su), fully automatic, all roms !
- Swap support on external SD
- Mount/Umount internal and external SD on the PC during recovery mode
- Fix permissions after upgrade
- Convert some function in shell script into C++ code (improve stability&perf)
- Bugs Fix
- Add nandroid delete support
- Minor modifications on nandroid mobile
- Disable fsck (waiting for SPL to move from sdcard).
- Disable restoration of boot/recovery on nandroid.
Know bugs :
- No bugs detected for now
- Mini recovery/Full recovery according to the presence of the archive rectools.tar.gz onto the SD
- Custom Wallpaper
- Full adb root
- Update/flash rom with update.zip on the sdcard
- Update/flash rom with any other file.zip on the sdcard
- Mount/Umount internal and external SD directly in recovery mode
- Use the sdcard to store more binary files
- Full wipe
- FULL Nandroid backup
- FULL Nandroid restore
- Nandroid can delete the oldest backup (usefull to delete the oldest backup after a new backup)
- Recovery of recovery ! (if you haven't the files on your sdcard, you still have an adb root shell during the bootsplash)
- Enable/Disable root (su)
- Format external SD in fat32+swap, or format it to an only fat32 partition
- Fix packages permissions after an upgrade
- Check filesystem on internal /data
- ext4 convertion support (use this option only for testing purpose. All seems to work perfectly, nandroid is modified to backup/restore on ext4 filesystem...but sometimes i had some problem to boot.)
- Restore Google Apps from official update
Notes : you must have at least 30% charged battery to use nandroid restore (for security reason)
1) Put the tools and the recovery image on the same directory on your computer
2) Boot the phone in fastboot mode
3) Flash your recovery partition (using fastboot) with the recovery image :
4) Reboot in mini recovery mode./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
5) Using adb, put all the necessary files on your sdcard :
Note : if you update since a beta version, you can also delete the oldest archive system :./adb push RECTOOLS.tar.gz /sdcard/
./adb shell sync
./adb shell rm -rf /sdcard/RECTOOLS/
6) Reboot :
Please don't delete the recovery archive in your sdcard, or redo 4) and 5) if you have deleted it./adb shell reboot recovery
Ultima modifica di drakaz; 23-03-2010 a 18:37
Nice job man. Tested and Approved its save my phone
When i'm doing exactly that command :
adb push RECTOOLS/ /sdcard/rectools/
I obtain this error :
Error : "cannot stat 'RECTOOLS/': No such file or directory
Next I've tried to create this folder on sdcard's root, but i obtain the same result...
And next, do you experience the same thing as me ?
After flashboot, when the samsung splash loop during recovery mode, i couldn't do the first adb command line, because the device was detected offline, whereas it was plugged...i've unplugged & reconnected and now adb is ok with galaxy online...but the second command don't work...
Thanks for your help
Ultima modifica di ggtorrent; 05-08-2009 a 01:49
please check is the RECTOOLS is on the same directory you launch the command (on your computer)
Hi ggtorrent, are you doing this on windows?
If so, just remove the trailing slash from the local RECTOOLS folder when you do the push:
with respect to the "offline" status in adb - yes, this has happened to me several times... simply unplugging/re-plugging has fixed the issue every time../adb push RECTOOLS /sdcard/rectools/
I followed the instructions with this modification and everything seems to be good!
(now I just need to figure out how to use it! )
Hope this helps,
Can't seem to edit the post to hide my stupidity, but "how to run it" is simply to boot into recovery mode, at any time, after this process has been run.
In recivery mode you then have a cool new UI that enables you to save and restore (amongst other things).
I haven't had the guts to try a restore yet, but just did a backup and it seems to have saved a single file called "mem", size 109 megs, in /sdcard/nandroid
That's it Tao !
Thanks a lot !
It works perfectly, my system is backed up.
Thanks Drakaz too.
What about next updates from samsung ? There will be no problem ?