GALAXO ROM & GALAXHERO - PRE1
Why PRE1 ? Because it's a final version, fully tested, but not by a lot of people, there probably still some little bugs. Do not flash if you want a perfect, without bugs, rom. Prepare yourself to flash with another version if any bugs was detected. I like ONLY constructive comment (good or bad of course !). For those don't like the rom, simply don't use it !!
PLEASE READ ALL THE POST, INCLUDED NOTES, BEFORE FLASHING
PLEASE BACKUP BEFORE UPDATE !
PLEASE WIPE BEFORE UPDATE !
Files are at the end of the post (archive password : android.hdblog.it)
THE ROM WILL BE AVAIBLE SOON AFTHER THE LAST TEST --- STAY TUNED
THIS IS AN HDBLOG EXCLUSIVE !!! don't make any mirror link please!!!!!!
Due to differences between Galaxy and other android phone about internal memory, you MUST use the recovery : http://forum.hdblog.it/f80/update-8-12-v4-4-root-recovery-image-update-wipe-backup-restore-galaxy-3995/. Sorry for the inconvenience. Perhaps we can agree on this subject between other rom cookers, for use the same definition of the internal memory (i use "INTERNAL" definition).
BE CARREFULL. This rom doesn't include Google's experience apps. So, you MUST use the option "Backup Gapps" in recovery mode to backup those apps from your current rom BEFORE flash with Galaxo/GalaxHero. After flashing, use the option "Restore Gapps" in recovery to restore those applications.
Because the changelog are too big, restarting a new one.
- Based on I5
- Most languages
- Root (with superuser)
- ADB root whith personnalised bash prompt
- All applications optimised with zipalign
Optimized Kernel 126.96.36.199 with :
- Compcache 5.3
- Patched kernel with BFS
- Patched kernel with SQUASHFS 3.4 + LZMAcompression
- Full Netfilter support
- Swap support
- Build whith Cgroups (for the future ?)
- Tunneling support (tun.ko)
- New HW modules
- Tuned CPU Freq : 245Mhz/528Mhz
- Lot of another kernel modules : CRAMFS,EXT4,NFS Client, NFS Server,CIFS,NTFS, IPV6, VFAT, CPUFREQ*, TUN, and a lot of another (see in /system/libmodules)
- Modified MMS app from rgv151 on XDA(http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=540651
- Loccy's BetterBrowser (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=551119
- Advanced Launcher (rogro82/irrenhaus on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=540880
- Native from rogro82 : dekstop rotation, 10 desktops (see extended conf in main menu)
- Modification by irrenhaus : possibility to group apps and folders on tray launcher, optimization
- Added by me : new wallpapers, haptic support
- Add jbed java support (see http://getjar.com/
for a lot of apps and games !)
- New app only in Galaxo & GalaxHero : GalaxoParameters & GalaxoApps :
- GalaxoParameters : activate/deactivate camera button, remount in rw/ro system fs, access to some hidden menus
- GalaxoApps : proposes to download usefull applications using Android Market
- HTC Style Hero widget from manup456 on XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=540214
- Apps included :
- TetherWifi Galaxy Version
- HTC QuickOffice
- HTC PDFReader
- HTC exchange
- SwiFTP (FTP server)
- Remove Google Apps
- Remove all market third party apps, and add a recommanded app downloader, GalaxoApps, which use the market to download the desired app
- New rc, with config file support (/system/etc/galaxo.conf)
- Compache auto-configuration support (compcache can be deactivated in galaxo.conf)
- Full ext4dev support for /data partition (you can convert your /data partition, AFTER flashing, with the recovery. Simply wipe (also with the recovery) to delete all the data on /data and restore ext3 filesystem)
- Sshd server running on port 2222, must be activated in galaxo.conf (default password is the EIMEI of the phone. To change the password using adb : adb shell remountrw, adb shell "echo new_password > /system/etc/dropbear/password, adb shell remountro)
- Script to activate/deactivate the camera button (camenable/camdisable with adb)
- Script to remount in rw/ro the filesystems in both recovery/system (remountro, remountrw). Already exist with adb (adb remount) but usefull in recovery to remount correct partition, and with connectbot.
- Compressed modules and binary into squashfs images to save space
- Busybox 1.15.1 with full applets
- Moving all app to internal memory to keep space on /system for the future
- Vpn support
- New adbd where replacing default shell from sh to bash with custom bashrc
- Recompile some tools for android-arm : zsh, nano, vim, inadyn
- Both LatinIME & HTC IME keyboard
- Lot of tools in xbin/
- Debug tools
- Access phone, contacts, market and other without sim cards (wifi)
- Dynamic dns support (recompilation of inadyn for arm, not tested)
- Swap is now managed by compcache. If a second partition on external sd card exist, compcache used it automatically as a backup swap. Removed a-swapper because swap in internal memory is perf-killer, and swap on external is better associed with compcache. Be carrefull : swaping is perf-killer if your sdcard was not performant.
Other tweak/improvment :
- Tweaked CPU freq rules, improved responsiveness
- Cgroups activated, waiting for Samsung's android source code for using cgroups..
For Hero version :
- EXACTLY THE SAME SYSTEM AS GALAXO
- Hero theme, mixed from XDA's magic/dream themes
How to correctly flash this rom :
You must flashing the I5 using Orion BEFORE flashing with Galaxo/GalaxHero to backup google apps. Next flash don't need I5, since google apps are already backuped. Google apps'version need to be the same as the base rom.
1) Flash I5 version with Orion (see http://forum.hdblog.it/f71/%5Bgalaxy%5D-aggiornamento-software-i7500xxii5-hot-update-odin-4625/, or any other tutorial that explain you how to flash your galaxy on I5 with Orion)
2) Flash the latest recovery (see http://forum.hdblog.it/showthread.php?t=3995)
3) Push the update.zip (Galaxo or GalaxHero) on your internal sdcard
4) Backup Gapps BEFORE FLASHING using the recovery
5) Wipe using the recovery
6) Flash the update using the recovery
7) Restore Gapps using the recovery
How to change parameters in galaxo.conf :
1) Get the config file with adb (adb pull /system/etc/galaxo.conf galaxo.conf)
2) Change the parameters you want
3) remount filesystem in r/w (adb shell remountrw/adb remount)
4) Push the modified config file in /system/etc (adb push galaxo.conf /system/etc/galaxo.conf)
- First boot may be long because of installation of apps. Please be patient.
- You must re-flash after a wipe, because all the app are wiped
- Please flash the last recovery before using those roms : http://forum.hdblog.it/showthread.php?t=3995
- Please read about flashing on samsung galaxy before use it
- Please use it at your own risk. We can't be responsible if you brick, block, break your phone..
- Some part of apps are still in english
- Compcache is usefull to keep more applications in memory, avoid the time-to-load, but use a little CPU time to compress/uncompress the data. If you prefere a system even faster but with less ram to keep applications in, you can deactivate compcache in galaxo.conf
THIS IS AN HDBLOG EXCLUSIVE !!! don't make any mirror link please!!!!!